If you enjoy working with children and helping advocate on behalf of the agricultural industry, Berrien County's P&E committee is for you! From educating children during the Berrien County Youth Fair each summer, assisting with field trips to the local Natural Resource Days, and promoting agriculture during National Agriculture Week each year via radio ads and student essays, there's an activity for everyone!
- Project Rural Education Day (R.E.D.) is a day when students venture through local educational and hands-on stations outlining the role agriculture plays in their lives.
- Ag in the Classroom volunteers teach lessons to school children, creating a greater awareness of farming and the role of agriculture in the economy and society.
- Teacher resources provide lesson plans about agriculture which are matched to subject area Common Core/Michigan GLCEs standards and accurate agriculture information for use in classrooms.
- Local Informational Meetings-for producers to become more familiar with local examples of agriculture management practices
- Educational Meetings-opportunities for farmers to share opinions on current issues affecting the agriculture industry
- Farm Safety Programs-to educate farmers and local first respondents about the unique challenges of agricultural accidents
- County Fairs-host interactive displays to highlight local agriculture
- Promotional Events-utilize audiences at community festivals, activities and contests to promote local agriculture
Educate Public Officials
- Elected Official Meetings-host legislators, county and township officials on farm tours or at meetings to address the current needs of your local agriculture industry